The Brunswick group
Senior Procurement Consultant Princeton, NJ
Our client, a Global Life Science company is seeking a Senior Procurement Consultant who will be responsible for managing the successful development and execution of Procurement strategies within our organization. This individual will be responsible for procurement and contract management of services and goods for our Enabling functions, including IT, Commercial, Medical Affairs, Facilities, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Link the needs of the business to the different services and products offered by vendors/suppliers to ensure we get the best value
- Create and implement procurement strategy, including managing the sourcing and evaluations processes, using appropriate support tools to drive results and deliver savings.
- Maintain and manage the contract review process and existing contracts, including uploading contracts into the system. Coordinate with the legal team for approval.
- Execute sourcing events for assigned spend areas, including managing contract negotiation process (pricing, key terms, etc.) and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Interface and collaborate with Senior leadership for procurement support, including understanding of stakeholder spend, jointly setting procurement priorities, and executing continuous cost and performance improvement strategies.
- Maintain regular communication with current suppliers and work collaboratively to resolve ongoing issues and to promote continuous improvement/cost reductions on a proactive basis
- Support the procurement process by maintaining accurate open purchase order listing, un-invoiced receipt amounts, supplier documentation and statements
- Work closely with the Receiving and Accounts Payable departments to any invoicing issues
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 4-6 years relevant Procurement experience is required
- Experience in Pharma/Biotechnology is highly preferred
- Experience procuring IT services is highly preferred
- Workday experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and successfully, prioritize tasks. Must be able to manage shifting priorities to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic, growing environment
- Solid attention to details with capability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and implement strategy
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and partnering skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including Senior leadership