The Brunswick group
Senior IT Internal Auditor Armonk, NY
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking a Senior IT Internal Auditor who will be responsible for performing information systems audit work throughout the Company including reviews of infrastructure, applications and technological solutions. The Senior IT Auditor is expected to have infrastructure and information systems audit experience which conforms to professional standards. This person will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on assigned audits independently with supervision from the Manager/Director Internal Audit
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute an annual risk based audit plan under the direction of Internal Audit management, independently, execute application, infrastructure and IT process audits.
- Execute audits consistent with IIA standards and department policies. Manage timely completion of audit including communication of status to auditee and Manager/Director.
- Identify and document IT security, operational and process issues, internal control deficiencies, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the review of processes and controls as defined in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 including review of SOC1 reports and IT key controls.
- Present the results of audit work to Internal Audit Management and auditees, including practical recommendations to address identified risks and/or weaknesses in internal controls as well as opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Prepare and maintain audit documentation in accordance with industry highest quality standards and internal approved guidelines.
- Collaborate with IT department personnel, senior management, external auditors and consultants.
- Keep current on audit, information technology and internal control and governance regulations through continuing education and active participation in audit and industry groups
- Promote internal control practices within the Company by providing internal control expertise as needed to any functions or departments requesting guidance
- Perform ad hoc projects or investigations at the request of management
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science or related area)
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years Information Technology and/or IT audit experience.
- Experience auditing and evaluating infrastructure, cybersecurity risks/controls and auditing operating systems.
- Big 4 audit and/or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure and IT processes and controls (e.g., change management, backup and recovery, user access/security administration) is required
- Ability to independently think through problems and proactively propose solutions.
- Comfortable working and learning independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills, strong organizational abilities, and attention to detail are required
- Computer Proficiency: Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required. Experience with analytical tools, Oracle financial applications, ACL, Teammate (or similar software) is a plus