The Brunswick group
SAP MM/PP Director New York City, NY
Our client, a Fortune 2000 Company is seeking a Director of Materials Management and Production Planning who will be responsible for designing and managing the implementation of process improvements within but not limited to Materials Management & Production Planning that align with our business objectives and continuous improvement plans. This position will collaborate with key business stakeholders and senior IT staff on the strategy, planning, and execution for all solution implementations. This role will also be responsible for operational excellence, including the management of a small internal and external IT team within the functional area. This role will be a hands-on leader in configuration (primarily in the SAP ERP space) to drive synergies, developing key metrics to measure success, as well as key contributor in the development of a three-year strategic roadmap.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain operational excellence, manage all requirements and expectations for each business channel by maintaining or reengineering processes to improve inefficiencies, drive standardization, and/or increase profitability.
- Access the opportunities across all business channels and leveraging agile processes and decisions.
- Responsible for the overall three-year road map for all possible solutions for the company systems and application portfolios by understanding all their benefits and limitations with a concentration in Materials Management & Production Planning.
- Research and coordination of all new systems and applications.
- Warehouse process reengineering, warehouse relocation strategies and execution.
- A key decision maker on development and implementations for all systems and applications.
- Ensure the solutions are providing the expected benefits for each business channel through measurable KPIs.
- Responsible for application performance, including regular check-ins with each business channel and ensuring updates and fixes are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Completion of documentation to show and ensure SOX compliance where applicable.
- Oversight of all business processes and working to maintain best practices and standardization.
- Risk assessments, adhering to budgets, executing simulations, and data collection.
- Develop a management of Materials Management and Production Planning automation roadmap from idea through successful implementation, which will drive accountability amongst key stakeholders in Technology and Operations functions (COO, VP Supply Chain/Logistics, Production Operations and Sales Operational Leaders)
- Define and manage key metrics in order to measure business impact initiatives and delivery against business value cases.
- Educate key stakeholders in operations on automation capabilities and future opportunities
- Identify strategies for the standardization and applicability of operational systems solutions
- Implement a communication plan regarding process automation to ensure status, risks and remediation plans are clearly communicated to the executive team
- Resolve complex issues that arise during development and/or implementation of operational systems and document solutions as developed.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to resolve and provide timely responses to inquiries
- Define the evolving future state of operational process automation products and services
- Ensure the deployments of process automation products deliver strong business value in an efficient and effective manner
- Draft acceptance criteria and user story to better facilitate discussions with executive team about business requirements prior to the implementation of financial products.
- Drive key decisions with the key stakeholders on project scope, budget, staffing, interdependencies, and timing
- Develop robust frameworks and methods to understand current state of operational system solutions, identify gaps, propose improvements, evaluate solution alternatives, prioritize requirements, and drive consensus to achieve the requirements of the acceptance criteria.
- Analytical, responsible for analysis and interpretation of data into charts, diagrams, and reports.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 5 years of hands on SAP ERP platform configuration experience in SAP ECC platform configuration across Materials Management & Production Planning. SAP AFS Solution experience highly desired.
- Technical and operational knowledge and integration experience with of other SAP functional areas, WM/SD/FICO.
- Experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems.
- Hands on experience in SAP configuration within the MM/PP space
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (MIS, IT, and/or business/computer science).
- Able to demonstrate experience in Materials Management and Production Planning within a Wholesale, CPG environment.
- Track record of success leading complex Materials Management/Production Planning transformation efforts with teams inside and outside of MM/PP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Experience in front-to-back program/project management, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Change Management leading cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrable success implementing and supporting large scale enterprise applications
- Passion for documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Ability to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge
- Strong knowledge of common concepts, methodologies, and technologies that support integration of complex systems including restful APIs, Enterprise Service Bus, etc. Good communication and project management skills, shown experience delivering large scale, complex projects
- Deep understanding of business processes and requirements
- Prior experience with system implementation and system integration a plus
- SAP Certification a plus