The Brunswick group
SAP BW4/Hana Manager New York, NY
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking a SAP BW4/HANA Manager who will be responsible for participating in a new deployment of the latest SAP technology into their retail landscape. The BW4/HANA Manager will be responsible for managing a team and our vendor partner in the transformation of our existing data warehouse to BW4HANA. This person will work with subject matter experts on the team to drive and deliver the end to end solution on BW4HANA in the upcoming year and then own the delivery of continuous improvements and enhancements on the platform. Technologies focus include an upgrade to BW/4 HANA, AO, Hana Platform and BPC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- SAP BW/4HANA SME and Data Modeling
- Lead and coordinate Data Modeling in SAP BI and BW4HANA for the business data verification
- Source the data in SAP BW from SAP and non-SAP source system by building custom extractors or standard extractors etc.
- Works with the offshore vendor to manage delivery against predetermined sprints defined during the design phase.
- Model data in SAP HANA studio to handle complex business scenarios (calculation views, using appropriate, calculating engines, star schemas etc)
- Manages partnerships with internal teams (Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications) to drive interdependencies and reduce risks.
- Design and coordinate Data Modeling in SAP BW and HANA for the project.
- BW gap analysis and specification to ensure all gaps between functional specs and design specs are covered.
- Must be excellent working with the upper management team, business owners and end users in understanding their business needs and developing strategies to implement them.
- Team oriented work attitude with exceptional communications, project management and time management skill
- Manages scope and quality of deliverables from offshore vendors.
- Retail experience a plus
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor?s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience with SAP BW.
- Strong understanding of Retail and Fashion business processes.
- At least 2 complete lifecycles of delivery on HANA.
- 7+ years of data management experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience in Business Intelligence and data warehousing development techniques.
- Experience with SAP SLT and Data Replication. Functions as the design authority for how BW4HANA is implemented, in support of overall transformation program.
- Experience in driving architecture and design for end-to-end global implementations of SAP BW/ECC with responsibility for Reporting and Analytics streams.
- Expertise in S4HANA reporting artifacts such as CDS views, Fiori Apps, Eclipse Studio.
- Expertise in Enterprise HANA artifacts such as HANA Studio, Calc Views. Vendor Management.