The Brunswick group
Pricing Scientist Manager San Francisco, CA
Title: Pricing Scientist Advanced Analytics Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Primary Location: CA-San Francisco, CA-Los Angeles, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, DC-Washington, NY-New York, NJ-Florham Park, CA-San Jose, PA-Philadelphia
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking a Pricing Data Scientist Manager who will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems
- Minimum Degree Preferred: Ideally an advanced degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics or Engineering
- Minimum Years of Experience: 8+ years of hands on experience in applying advanced algorithms to address real world business problems with a focus on pricing and customer profitability
- Experience with large-scale data analysis frameworks such as map-reduce (Hadoop ecosystem), NoSQL and in-memory / columnar databases
- Experience with pricing software applications, e.g., Vendavo, PROS, Zilliant
- Experience with parallel and distributed approaches to data analytics
- Experience with data analysis tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, Mathematica
- Experience with data analytics in the cloud: Azure, AWS, Google.
- Exceptional team player, leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent communication, coordination and presentation skills.
- Employ techniques from machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modeling to deliver business insights and recommendations to prospects and customers based on data.
- Lead and Supervise creation and application of Algorithms to identify and quantify pricing opportunities
- Explore and identify expanded data models for addressing client problems, going beyond customer internal transaction data to include external, unstructured data including forecasts, market information, econometric and social media data and inputs
- Take on a lead role in handling difficult algorithm issues including price optimization, clustering, and causality/correlation
- Be the public face of the company’s algorithmic and mathematical research efforts, meeting with customers and speaking at both client and industry external events