The Brunswick group
Pharma R&D Technology Manager New York, New York
Title: Pharma R&D Technology Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Primary Location: Major Cities
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking a Pharma R&D Consultant who will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct. Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree in Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Statistics, Analytics, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Epidemiology
- Minimum Years of Experience: 6 year(s)
- Demonstrates proven success in roles and thorough knowledge involving Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D, preferably obtained through one or more of the following:
- Working directly within the industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, generics, medical device, instrumentation, and diagnostic companies);
- Working with contract service organizations to the industry (e.g. CRO);
- Working with regulatory health authorities / agencies overseeing the industry (e.g. FDA);
- Working with non-profit organizations supporting life sciences scientific advancement;
- Working with consulting companies delivering to the industry, organizations representing the industry (e.g. PhRMA);
- Having expertise/familiarity with R&D applications (e.g. CTMS,EDC,regulatory submissions);
- Having hands on experience with designed and executing clinical studies preferred;
- Being familiar with AWS/Azure/GCP cloud platforms preferred; and,
- Being familiar with Python,R programming languages preferred.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in executing various aspects of the business or information technology-related client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including knowledge of an industry or functional domain and specialization in at least two of the following areas:
- Understanding Statistical Analysis and Techniques;
- Understanding Customer, Product and Pricing Analysis; and,
- Working knowledge with Business and Operations Analysis within marketing, operations, or risk analysis using quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in working with analytical models or techniques and the ability to apply such methods to an applicable challenge within the larger field of expertise. This background should include:
- Working with visualization techniques and tools;
- Working with advanced analytics techniques (regression, simulation, etc.);
- Having applicable sources of external, internal or new data sources to support analytic methods and visualization techniques; and,
- Understanding of Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Customer an industrial Products and Services, Manufacturing or Telecom Industries.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, including:
- Analyzing large and complex data sets to solve business challenges and present insights to non-analytics minded individuals;
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members, proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships with clients, developing requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilizing problem-solving skills, and communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various management levels and external;
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance; and,
- Applying analytical techniques correlated to business value and selecting the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.