The Brunswick group
Netsuite Finance Consultant New York, NY
Contract (6-18 months) Our Client’s IT organization is seeking an experienced NetSuite Finance SME Consultant to play a key role to support the finance and accounting teams as they continue to grow. You will gather information across the organization to implement new business processes and ensure follow up and updates are accurate and documented. You should feel comfortable managing stakeholders, analyzing, diagnosing and influencing IT process problems, while developing business requirements for strategic projects and new solutions.
The NetSuite Finance SME Consultant will be responsible for developing business requirements for integrated management information systems across all finance & accounting functions. The selected candidate will also be part of change management and process improvement discussions in order to identify and implement streamlined solutions.
Lead the management Information and data requirements gathering initiative to develop and/or streamline the operational reporting capabilities. Ensure that processes are implemented to take full advantage of the capabilities of the systems. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, with experience in business systems implementation and finance operations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving IT organization, a results oriented and driven global organization with ownership over a portfolio that delivers direct value to these organizational stakeholders and the company overall. The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded individual with operational and project management experience – someone who is self-motivated, detailed oriented, collaborative, and has strong customer relationship management skills.
- Support end users in all business functions, in the use of Netsuite ERP application relating to scripts, workflows, saved searches and other ad-hoc configuration setups
- Manage tasks related to ERP administration, improvements, upgrades and enhancements
- Be able to clearly articulate As-Is with To-Be business needs and be able to educate users on Netsuite system functionality/features and help bridge the gap on processes as needed
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand their business requirements, informational needs and data sources, conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings and presentations
- Translate business needs into a clearly defined and detailed business requirements document, inclusive of business use cases, process flows, traceability matrices as well as report mock-ups
- Form strong working relationships with your peers and across the IT organization
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/applications
- Monitor project progress, identify and escalate potential project risks and delays to management
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical staff and business users – Coordinate and lead discussions to ensure understanding and alignment to projects and initiatives
- Plan and facilitate user acceptance testing with business stakeholders
- Assist Finance & Accounting team with other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements:
- Education or Certifications – 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field Work Experience – 10+ years of related experience in a business process, finance and accounting, project management support or equivalent role
- Must have experience working in Netsuite ERP application in a retail environment (nice to have) ideally and understand the downstream impact of integrated processes to accounting for GL, AP, AR Revenue recognition
- Must have prior hands on Netsuite configuration
- Proven ability to facilitate communication and provide support to both the business and technology team members in challenging technical, custom and package software implementation projects on a global level
- Must have experience working simultaneously with multiple stakeholders, sponsors, and business partners, exhibiting an ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Balance of strong business process knowledge and experience implementing mix of custom and packaged software solutions to meet ongoing business needs
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing business needs
- Prior experience integrating Netsuite with other financial systems like Coupa, Kyriba, Blackline, Concur is a nice to have Computer Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exposure to Jira, Confluence is a plus Language Skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) – other language skills would be beneficial Global Experience – Prior global experience