The Brunswick group
Data Scientist Senior Associate San Francisco, CA
Title: Data Scientist Senior Associate
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Primary Location: Major Cities
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking a Data Scientist Senior Associate who will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3-5 year(s)
- Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Customer and Industrial Products and Services, Manufacturing or Telecom Industries
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success executing various aspects of the business involving information technology-related client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including knowledge of an industry or functional domain and specialization in at least two of the following areas:
- Operational Research and Statistical techniques;
- Customer, Product, and Pricing Analysis; or,
- Business and Operations Analysis within marketing, operations, or risk analysis using quantitative techniques
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success working with analytical models and the following technical tools:
- Visualization techniques and tools;
- Advanced analytics techniques (regression,simulation, etc.);
- Applicable sources of external, internal, or new data sources to support analytic methods and visualization techniques; and,
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success participating in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment that utilize creative thinking skills and individual initiative, including the following areas:
- Analyzing large and complex data sets, including a demonstrated thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member by understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment, building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships with clients, developing requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilizing problem-solving skills, and communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment;
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback, and guidance on work performance;
- Understanding how the application of analytical techniques correlate to business values; and
- Selecting the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand.