The Brunswick group
Business Resilience Associate Director Westchester County, NY
The Challenge: Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking an Associate Director Business Resilience who will be responsible for working across the organization to identify and assess vulnerabilities related to financial, reputational, regulatory, and operational impacts as well as support the development, implementation, and operations of a business resilience program. Additionally, will develop the strategy for program execution by applying extensive technical expertise, while exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. The Business Resilience Associate Director provides leadership to the Business Resilience Program to increase operational resilience by improving our ability to withstand a crisis event that could severely impact our patients, customers, business viability, and market share
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the implementation of the global Business Resilience program and provide assistance, expertise and a common framework and methodology to the organization to follow when assessing business impacts, business continuity risks, and development of plans.
- Establish and Chair the Business Resilience Steering Committee with representation from across the global organization
- Evaluate, rework, and implement a new business resilience policy
- Analyze business risks and drive mitigation efforts across the business
- Work with team and cross-functional partners including Disaster Recovery and Enterprise Risk Management, to coordinate all activities to identify, anticipate, respond, and to resume business from risks
- Establish and maintain key partnerships across the organization’s support areas to ensure business continuity planning and incident response are incorporated including Human Resources, Enterprise Risk, Information Systems & Technologies, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Security, and Facilities Management.
- Act as trusted advisor for cross-functional teams throughout their business resilience planning lifecycle
- Develop business resilience/crisis management liaison duties and commitment at each site
- Develop and facilitate workshops and tabletop exercises based on BCM standards to validate business and technical recovery plans and capabilities, build awareness amongst recovery team members and stakeholders, and identify gaps/improvement opportunities
- Develop and facilitate crisis simulation exercises
- Provide value-added initiatives
- Develop and maintain training and key performance indicators to ensure readiness and improve resiliency
- Develop good working relationships with local emergency responders
- Responsible for business continuity software and emergency notification system
- Functions as an advisor to the EHS Department regarding tasks, projects and operations and is a subject matter expert in business resilience.
- Develops and communicates plans and priorities for EH&S to meet team performance and results requirements; provides strategic insight and planning related to business resilience and crisis management
- Provides emergency response support during medical emergencies, evacuations, hazmat spills, etc.
- Available 24/7 for emergencies that may arise
- Writes clear and concise EHS related communications, including e-mails, letters, policies and procedures as required;
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry including manufacturing
- Confident and assertive, but respectful of others. Must be team oriented and able to adjust leadership style to maximize effectiveness.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel across the global organization
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and appropriately based on the audience, with excellent facilitation and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and strong formal presentation abilities
- Basic knowledge of practices, procedures, and EHS concepts such as various health and safety programs including hazard communication, laboratory safety, radiation safety and infection control programs.