The Brunswick group
Associate Director, Global Compensation Piscataway, NJ
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking an Associate Director, Global Compensation who is responsible for implementing and administering competitive compensation programs designed to attract, motivate, and reward talent essential to achieving business objectives. This position will manage policy and compensation components globally including, equity, incentives, bonuses, mobility, and global compensation planning. They will lead in maximizing global compensation strategies set by the head of total rewards. This role is expected to provide program enhancements / changes aligning with Company philosophy and growth with the goal of keeping the Company market competitive with compensation programs that support our culture while ensuring compliance with all associated regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide professional consultation and guidance to managers and HR partners on market data and trends and compensation related activities such as strategic new hire offers, promotions, etc.
• Works with members of HR and cross functional on various projects and activities to ensure the company attracts and motivates the right talent for the organization.
• Manage market data collection and analysis processes and develop systems to report salary ranges and changes in local pay markets.
• Monitors pay structures, guidelines and compensation policies in order to develop and ensure consistency and competitiveness in base salary and variable pay programs.
• Conduct ongoing research for improving effectiveness of compensation plans as it relates to market competitiveness to attract and motivate employees.
• Keeps abreast of current market practices and assesses competitiveness of the compensation, practices and programs.
• Provide analysis on critical business initiatives.
• Supports the annual review cycle for merit, bonus and stock recommendations.
• Stay up to date on current compensation-related legislation to ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
• Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Human Resource Business discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Human Resource role, or equivalent experience and or education.
• Demonstrated success providing support in fast-paced environments.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain strong attention to detail. Strong follow-up skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external relationships. Superior customer service skills. Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
• Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
• Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Industry experience in biopharmaceuticals Human Resources preferred.
• Knowledge of HR employment related laws/practices.
• Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and/or payroll systems